Friday, March 18, 2011

Artisan Street in Veliko Tarnovo

The route between downtown and the Hostel Mostel took us by a street that veered off on an angle, off of the street we were travelling on. We would never have known what wonders awaited us there unless Tanya at the hostel hadn't told us.

I seems that once, again, Veliko Tarnovo hasn't quite got its act together regarding how to promote itself. No worries, that is part of its charm. I am just so happy that we found the ancient street of the artisans.

 The first store to catch my attention had an amazing display of pottery in the window. I must admit that I am not a big pottery fan, but I fell head over heels for the work of this potter:

I took home the one in the upper left corner

The sign above a shop declared Sand Coffee. So we had to find out what it was. It turns out that the sand is heated and the coffee is heated by the hot sand.


an amazing chess set!

if I remember correctly, there was an art gallery inside

this man was pounding copper to make pots

Gary, buying a still hot loaf of the most beautiful looking bread. Note that the money and bread are passed through a window

No comments:

Post a Comment